Professional Certificate Managing a Club Football Department
The Professional Certificate Managing a Club Football Department is a “hands on” view of what is required to successfully manage a Club Football Department. Participants will hear first hand from Geoff Walsh about his experiences, insights and core beliefs.
Workshop one will cover:
- Overview of the role of GM of Football
- Organisational Structure
- Department dynamics
- Match day vs Operational Requirements
Workshop two will cover:
- Departmental Strategy Development
- Challenges in the Role
- Innovation and Future Thinking
Course Presenter – Geoff Walsh
Geoff Walsh is one of Australia’s most experienced and accomplished sports administrators, holding leadership roles at both state and national levels over an extensive career in elite sport. Geoff has held senior roles across a number of AFL Clubs including:
- CEO of the North Melbourne Football Club
- General Manager of Football at Collingwood Football Club
- National Recruiting Manager of Carlton Football Club
Geoff is an AFL Life Member, AFLCA Lifetime Achievement Award winner and has been part of Clubs that won 4 Premierships and played in 10 Grand Finals. A trained teacher Geoff is an experienced presenter, people manager and high level communicator.
In 2022, the course will run across two Zoom Workshops on the 8 June (10am to 1pm) and 15 June (10am to 1pm).